//Comment This Out

Friday, July 14, 2006

Haifa Was Not Hit By Rocket?

This morning, on the way to work, I was reading a news report from the Associated Press in the local paper when I saw some odd reporting.
Hezbollah fired more than 100 rockets into Israel, which said that one also struck the port city of Haifa.

"Which said"? Um, I seem to recall seeing the news last night and where they actually showed the aftermath of the rocket strike on Haifa. Does Associated Press have no reporters in Israel who can check to see if it struck Haifa or not? Then I saw this paragraph.

Hezbollah’s deputy leader Sheikh Naim Kassem denied that the group had fired on Haifa, telling Al-Jazeera by telephone that the group would do so if Beirut or its southern suburbs were attacked.

So now its just Israel's word against Hezbollah's? I can just imagine the dialogue.

Israel: "Your rocket hit Haifa".

Hezbollah: "No, we didn't fire on Haifa. But if you hit Beirut we will fire on Haifa".

Israel: "So, you didn't fire one at Haifa?"

Hezbollah: "Yup."

Israel: "So where did that rocket come from? And why is that rocket any different from the other 100 ones you fired on us?"

Hezbollah: "Umm... Umm..."

1 Comments:

  • It must seem I'm following "poor boy's" lead . . . well, so what if I . . .

    here's a copy of any e.mal just sent out ... its test follows the immediately following three dots . . .

    If you've opened this communiqué, because you found the previous ones interesting, please let me assure you. You won't be disappointed. Provided, that is, I've correctly assayed the intensity of your interests in the Middle East.

    I'm inviting you to begin by clicking on the longer hyperlink below. By doing so, you'll bring up my blog post article with begins with my musing about the organizations that abducted Israeli military personnel. The graphic you'll encounter replicates a reader's letter of mine to the good people at The PRESS & SUN-BULLETIN, the major regional daily for New York state's Greater Binghamton area.

    In a sense, what's being offered is a "consolation prize". For a while there, I contemplated writing a piece with the title, and I'm quoting,

    "Did (?) Hezbollah fail to rescue (!) Islam".

    However, I decided to postpone undertaking the task. Instead, I prognosticate, in my "concluded second sefton potpourri", the termination of the myriad of wonderful social services, provided by Hezbollah.

    Anyway, my piece titled "reckoned in bloodshed" goes from the aforementioned reader's letter, and concludes with my disclosure of "Hezbollah's dirty little secret". I'm willing to wager my five doughnuts to some foolhardy soul's three that you'll find it interesting, if not enlightening.

    toodles
    ....../
    .he who is known as sefton

    http://hewhoisknownassefton.blogspot.com/2006/07/reckoned-in-bloodshed.html

    . . . oh, yeah, perhaps, you'd like to try a scenic route. If so, you're in luck. Just so happens, there's a hyperlink to my blog on the "Hear, O Israel" blog. Clicking on the maroon hyperlink you just passed brings up that blog. Once that blog is brought up, look for the "Alexander Stella's Musings" hyperlink. After that blog is brought up, then look for my "reckoned in bloodshed" post.

    By Blogger he who is known as sefton, at 3:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home