//Comment This Out

Sunday, November 4, 2007

iPhone in Canada?

Last Friday, on the bus, I saw my first iPhone in person, which was quite interesting since officially speaking, we do not have the iPhone yet in Canada. It is rumoured to be introduced around Jan. - Feb. 2008 on the Rogers network.
The person made an actual phone local call. My guess is that he had an unlocked iPhone (purchased from eBay), possibly using AppSnapp
One of the drawbacks I can see off the bat is that since the screen is a nice high resolution touch screen, I could clearly see the phone number and name of the person he was calling. I could see that as a potential security risk.

2 Comments:

  • That IS interesting. I hadn't thought of that issue.

    By Blogger Ezzie, at 2:17 p.m.  

  • The guy was also holding it up in such a way where it was turned towards me. But I was a good 6-8 feet away and could see it clearly. In comparison, you cannot see the average cell phone screen's displayed phone number unless you are practically on top of someone else.

    By Blogger Avrom, at 7:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home