//Comment This Out

Thursday, April 8, 2004

Adventures in Potato Starch

Every year, around Pesach (Passover), more and more "kosher for Passover" products appear and I'm amazed sometimes at the sheer availability of specialized products. This is especially so for products which are traditionaly considered as chametz (leavened) where they make a non leavened version of it. Its amazing what one can do with a little matzah meal and potato stach and a lot of sugar. In the "they said it couldn't be done" department, this year has seen the introduction of Kosher for Passover beer. Based on the description, it sounds like it tastes more like malt (which is usually non alcoholic). The only problem I have is that some products just cannot be simulated. Like "Matzanola", an equivalent of granola. Or Kosher for Passover pizza. If I wanted broken pieces of Matzah I'd do it myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home